German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post here figured Id make it a good one and see what you guys think about the puppy I have found and am headed to pick up next Friday.

This is Joey, hes about 1 years old and I found him at Rogers City Animal Shelter in Roger, Arkansas. He weighed in at 24 lbs when he came in which makes me think he's a little younger than a year or was just pretty skinny. I am super excited to go get him. I think he'll get along great with Miller, my GSD/Rot - 155 lb bundle of joy and our Scottie.

What do you guys think of him? Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Belgian Shepherd Malinois | Rogers, AR | JOEY

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
let Joey and Scottie meet a few times before you bring Joey home.
you have a GSD/Rottie that weighs 155 lbs or was that a typo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same - he's not quite all Mali. He shelter said they believe him to be real close if not purebred. I'm definitely excited to get up and take a closer look at him next week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no typo on the gsd/rot... he's a big ole' boy, not fat at all. he's got somethign else in him but we have no idea what. This is Miller at 145

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the plan was to let joey meet both dogs throughout the weekend and let them play together while joey stays at a friends house for a couple days until Joey is fully aquinted with Miller and Bella (the Scottie)

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
How tall is he? He's very cute but definitely not a pb mali. I adopted Rafi at a year old and he was super skinny, had little muscle tone and weighed in at about 55 pounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how tall, looks pretty small and weight wise is way underweight which definitely had me wondering what his story was. I have sent a couple emails however no replied yet from management of the shelter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who knows, I'm just excited to go see him and his temperament. The shelter said he was a Mali but obviously that's not always very reliable

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
That is a really sweet looking GSD/Rottie! :wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts