German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I have read other answers from that guy, the best answer one? Very biased and probably knows very little about American bred GSDs. He seems kind of harsh, the rules he listed for his dogs to follow seem kind of, I don't know, usual and and kind of harsh, but thats IMO.

But otherwise, he seems very uneducated when it comes to GSDs. I would love to see him come on here and talk to some people who actually know of the American bred GSDs, and all the GSDs. He is insulting and rude. I have seen some of the most beautiful American Showline GSDs.And to call them mutts, is just not right.

To me, I love all lines of GSDs. At first I only liked Working Line GSDs, but then I started seeing more and reading more about the Show lines and love them. I love all the GSDs.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Anyone can be an authority on any given subject on the faceless pages of internet forums. As most posters know, you have to be careful to pick and choose those you choose to listen to. Maybe I'm cynical due to years of hearing BS about WGSDs from "people who know", but I personally shy away from people who spew opinions as "facts" without proof or crediability. I personally wouldn't give the Yahoo poster a second thought.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Further to the above posts...
No running and no barking? Really?
I often wonder why people own dogs if they can't tolerate that they have a personality.
I can appreciate having a well trained dog but sometimes having an overtained dog takes away from their independent thinking or just having a personality in general.
It's nice that your dog will stay and never bark as long as you don't give your next command but what if you get distracted and forget where you left the dog? If you leave him in a field and the grass starts growing around him, he's in serious danger of getting it from a lawn mower if you don't find him in time! :p

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Actually I really did not read it all he just sounded harsh...and I agree I love it when my dogs bark...or do something to show their personality

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I somehow just stumbled on that and couldn't believe this guys response, and then how it won best answer. I didnt think there was truth to it but I always have my doubts as im getting more and more acquainted with the breed. Personally I agree with Jax's Mom, I wont mind my guy barking every once and a while (as long as everyone isnt trying to sleep) haha, I dont want a mummy dog.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i agree with you all, why would someone want a dog who has no fun or personality? if you run by that moto you should have a dog

shilo has her qwarks but she has the most amazing personality ever! mhmm :))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts