German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of some regularly controversial threads and the back and forth, I came to the conclusion that all this is about people, not dogs.

Dogs are our excuse for expressing our beliefs and opinions.

Something Sit Stay said in another thread prompted this.:)

So other than being abused...........
Things dogs don't care about.

Who their breeder is. Whether their breeder is "reputable" or not. If they are fed Raw or kibble. Whether their owner is homeless or wealthy. If they wake up tomorrow or not. If they are a working K9 or a pet. If they live in an Apt, house, barn or outside.

Whether they sleep in their owners bed or not. The weather. If they are intact or not. If their owner has enough money in the bank to cover expensive medical costs.

How much exercise they get. Whether they have a collar or not and what type it is. What type of training they receive. Socialization. If they are working line or showline.

If their parents had pedigrees or not. Who their parents are. What race, religion or nationality their owners are. What color they are. Whether they are immunized or not. What we say here.

Just a few things dogs don't care about but dog people do and we will argue to prove we know what is best.

We could learn a lot about living from our dogs. :)

Feel free to add or argue about it. The dogs won't care. :)

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
They would if they could type!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Haha, I agree. Dogs are so carefree and live in the here and now. And here we are, stressing over every last thing. Shoot, my dog would be happy eating MY leftovers, and playing with a paper towel roll....

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Andy, you might be on to something my friend:)

I was listening to a talk radio show recently where two dog trainers were the guests. The one trainer said, some people treat their dogs like humans but the dog always treats the human like another dog. That gave me pause. lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't know....sometimes I look back at what I wrote and think, "I didn't type that! Dang dog must have been on my username again!!" Haha

You're right, Andy! But what's the fun in agreeing with people!? I'll find a way to argue this post....just wait....;):D:p

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That is all very true. I now feed my dog a higher level of dog food, but when I was younger I raised multiple dogs well into their teens on Purina Dog Chow. I think of that whenever anyone comes on and mentions a grocery store brand dog food. Feeding Purina is enough to get chased off this forum....:)..and yes it's fine to explain the differences between the qualities of food, but phrasing and tone make a big difference between sharing information and coming off as being superior.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
In light of some regularly controversial threads and the back and forth, I came to the conclusion that all this is about people, not dogs.

Who their breeder is. Whether their breeder is "reputable" or not. If they are fed Raw or kibble. Whether their owner is homeless or wealthy. If they wake up tomorrow or not. If they are a working K9 or a pet. If they live in an Apt, house, barn or outside.

Whether they sleep in their owners bed or not. The weather. If they are intact or not. If their owner has enough money in the bank to cover expensive medical costs.

How much exercise they get. Whether they have a collar or not and what type it is. What type of training they receive. Socialization. If they are working line or showline.

If their parents had pedigrees or not. Who their parents are. What race, religion or nationality their owners are. What color they are. Whether they are immunized or not. What we say here.

Just a few things dogs don't care about but dog people do and we will argue to prove we know what is best.

I like your attitude but of course don't agree with everything you said. No doubt its about people...people passionate about dogs. The beauty of forums as opposed to text books is the interaction and diversity.

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
Of course it's for people, silly - dogs can't type! :poke:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
If they could read...read posts in this forum they would know their owners/parents are passionate about them. Wrong or right opinions. Good decisions or bad...its all about our love and passion for the dogs.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I've disagreed with Jack's Dad on some topics.

AND I've agreed with him at times too.

The sentiment behind this thread is very nice but ...

Jack's Dad has been known to start threads about titles, pedigrees, the current state of the breed and such.

A poster here had a pretty cool sig line went like this;

"Wolves are Wolves, Dogs are Dogs, Humans are Primates"

Actually....Human beans. :wild:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I don't know....sometimes I look back at what I wrote and think, "I didn't type that! Dang dog must have been on my username again!!" Haha

You're right, Andy! But what's the fun in agreeing with people!? I'll find a way to argue this post....just wait....;):D:p
Lol me too, I like to argue and sometimes just for the fun of it. I might even agree but will argue anyway)))))

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jack's Dad has been known to start threads about titles, pedigrees, the current state of the breed and such.[/QUOTE]

That's because I have an interest in those topics but my dogs don't.:)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Cute post. I understand your train of thought. You never told any of us you were a dog psychic. :cool: j/k

But it raises a question, with all the opinions and arguements us humans have. Do dogs not have disagreements also? So why wouldn't it be about the people? Do thier dogs not effect thier lives everyday? Do people who are directly responsible for thier dogs well being not need a forum to discuss, disagree, argue and find answers for those important questions and opinions they have? It's really what makes us human. Crazy stuff I know. :crazy:

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
I am so over it. I think I said basically the same thing on one of my facebook posts.
Dogs do not care about titles.

I am over the pressure, over trying to proof something, over the drama amongst the "elite", and left most groups and forums and spend a lotmore time with my family.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am so over it. I think I said basically the same thing on one of my facebook posts.

I am over the pressure, over trying to proof something, over the drama amongst the "elite", and left most groups and forums and spend a lotmore time with my family.

Don't give up Mrs. K. You came up with a perfect thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts