German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really be interested in knowing how this forum was started and the founding memebers. Is it possible to have a section that details the history? As well as how many memebers are registered here?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
There used to always be a thing at the bottom saying how many people were registered, who was the last one registered, current birthdays, etc....

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Originally Posted By: GSDBESTK9All I know is that rhaya created this forum and for a long time it just sat there cause there weren't many members, look at it now.
Thank you rhaya!!!!
I second that - THANK YOU RHAYA!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I recall from that old version that there were over 10,000 registered users, and on any given day we had a couple of hundred visitors.

I don't know now how long ago it was upgraded, but miss that feature.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Forum Stats are only available in the control panel, which is only available to Rhaya and the Admins.

Let me ask is I could post the information... I will let you guys know where I post it.

Val

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Could Rhaya come up with a brief history of the forum? I also wonder how many members there are now.

I DO remember that a few years ago she was thinking about discontinuing the site, can't remember if it was a time or money issue. It was a VERY traumatic few weeks until she was able to figure out a way to 'keep' us!

My stats are:

Member #: 733
Registered on: 08/17/01 03:00 PM

So know the forum is older than that (and with 732 older members).

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Wow, I'm a newbie

Member #: 5433
Registered on: 06/06/04 12:00 PM

But a prolific one
even harder

Total Posts: 7624
Registered on: 06/06/04 12:00 PM

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Quote:I would really be interested in knowing how this forum was started and the founding memebers. Is it possible to have a section that details the history?
I'll second the motion!

I'm member #4004, registered on 12/27/03. I know that in the beginning I had a much higher member number - something like 7, 8, or 9 thousand something. I think they trimmed the membership list a few years back.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Heidi'smom, glad you mentioned your membership number has changed. I always wondered if any members who joined and left were still in our total count or had been dropped.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
I remember at least once when quite a few members were dropped from the list because they were not active in a long time. At that time there were over 10,000 members and it didn't take long to build back up.

Currently I am member #1897

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
The dogs that started it all. This site was made for them.

Pictures of Rhaya's Atlas.

Atlas all grown up with Rhaya's shepherd Zoe.

Another picture of Zoe. In this picture she is 3 1/2 years old.

Took just a little searching to find these pictures on site.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
And look at what it's turned into! Wow.

I'm number 7272, registered in 2005, but I actually registered in 2003 and changed names in 2005. So I've been here for five years almost. Wow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts