German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A man & his two Pyrenees dogs are walking for Canine Cancer Research. They are going to need help along the way..They need places to stay along the way, and they need people to leave them water at intersections along their route. You can track him, by going to the website below..

The funds raised from the walk will finance the first ever nationwide epidemiological canine cancer study which will be managed by the Animal Cancer Foundation.

Story: News Story

Please spread the word:)

Jen

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Wonder what made him think the poor dogs wanted to take a 2400 mile walk???

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you saying poor dogs? IF you read, he is only walking them 10 miles a day max..I can hardly believe that he would do anything to jeopardise his dogs, due to the fact he is doing it for the dog he lost due to cancer, to help raise money for cancer research..

Gosh, it is not like he is walking his dogs straight through with no help, no rest, no anything..I'm sure with the publicity these dogs will be treated well:)

Jen

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Poor dogs?! Those two dogs are going to get so much exercise, fresh air, mental stimulation, and time with their owner. I bet most dogs in this country would be downright jealous! Kudos to the man and his soon-to-be extremely healthy Pyrs!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I think that's awesome! I wish he was going through my part of Texas.

Looking at the map that's one looooooong walk!

I'm sure the dogs will love it though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts