German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is Jasmine, a few photos up here in this section.

First of all we are not breeding her and she will be spayed when old enough and of course no shows and no puppies.

She is complex and you will say 'mixed breed' I call her 75% GSD my friends say she is GSD and looks more GSD than what they have

Dam: 100% American GSD (pure bred)
Sire: 50% GSD and 50% East European Shepherd from Czech (pure bred)

Note however the sire is the son of the dam, accidental (or ignorant) in-breeding on the part of my friend.

We are here in Egypt so do not have contact with the outside world as such, well not as we know it

This however is my sweetheart and my life we love each other more than anything and will never be parted until death I sing to her, kiss her and dance with her in my arms :wub:

..but for the shepherd experts here I know you donot have a crystal ball what does she look like :confused:

This is my lovely Jasmine 9 weeks I think the best looking dog in the world but then I am biased, the puppies were all variable some long haired

I know she does not look like her mum who is a sable, her dad (the mums son) is a very large dog and major alpha male

Apparently the East European Shepherds are mixed with GSD? Lets see what she grows into

Look at those ears however :wild:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think she's beautiful. :)
Looks like a Shepherd to me...I wouldn't call "mixed" based on appearance. Is the East European Shepherd a completely different breed or another name for one of the many lines of the German Shepherd?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She looks pure GSD to me.

As for the EES, you wont find them anywhere but Russia. EES is Russia's GSD. They're mostly GSD but had some other breeds mixed in there several years ago to make the breed more agreeable with the harsher winters of Russia.

Czech GSDs are just GSDs from a different area. Czech border patrol dogs basically. Your pup is all GSD.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
She looks pure GSD to me.

As for the EES, you wont find them anywhere but Russia. EES is Russia's GSD. They're mostly GSD but had some other breeds mixed in there several years ago to make the breed more agreeable with the harsher winters of Russia.

Czech GSDs are just GSDs from a different area. Czech border patrol dogs basically. Your pup is all GSD.
I concur :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for clearing that up

All I know is her mother was imported from the USA and so was the dog that mated with her (Czech) to produce the 50/50, both are Egyptian Police Dogs

I certainly do not agree to the purpose however the GSD are used here for, mainly to torment people

All I can say is they are large strong dogs so watch this space as she grows up, mine will just be a loving pet

It will be interesting to see how big she gets.

Her dad who I do not own is very clever and they allow him to patrol on his own outside the building and he has a hatch where he goes in and out.

Needless to say he is OK with me as I give him food and water even though he is not mine, but he does not allow anyone near the building boundary or accepts things from other people - and he knows the exact perimeter and not to go further.

How to me is a total mystery

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Hey thanks for clearing that up

All I know is her mother was imported from the USA and so was the dog that mated with her (Czech) to produce the 50/50, both are Egyptian Police Dogs

I certainly do not agree to the purpose however the GSD are used here for, mainly to torment people

All I can say is they are large strong dogs so watch this space as she grows up, mine will just be a loving pet

It will be interesting to see how big she gets.

Her dad who I do not own is very clever and they allow him to patrol on his own outside the building and he has a hatch where he goes in and out.

Needless to say he is OK with me as I give him food and water even though he is not mine, but he does not allow anyone near the building boundary or accepts things from other people - and he knows the exact perimeter and not to go further.

How to me is a total mystery

Sounds to me like someone did boundary training with him. They're a VERY intelligent breed. The different lines are American Showline, German Showline, DDR (east Germany), West German, Czech. I have a male pup who is 50/50 DDR/Czech. DDR, West German, Czech are considered working lines. Showlines obviously are bred for dog shows. Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments

It does not really matter what she is, but she looks like she will be a large strong dog and growing very fast (sadly)

Having her however is like having a child, unlike any animal I have ever come across

1 - 11 of 11 Posts