German Shepherds Forum banner

Spaying/Neutering Your Children

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,001 Posts
On the flip side of it, there was that ridiculous movie that illustrated how as society evolves, many of the "smartest" people are climbing the career ladder and not having kids, or not having many, and the stupid people are all reproducing so the world just gets stupider and stupider as time goes on until before long all of society has a ridiculously low IQ.

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Selzer, I would agree with that, and I wouldn't be opposed to parents being able to put IUD's , etc in their daughters. I am not sure that much if anything could be done for sons, but if all teenage girls had an IUD it could at least prevent teenage pregnancy.

Felons - no kids.

· Registered
4,001 Posts
110% in agreement on mandatory birth control, but not IUD's. Mine tore a hole in my uterus, migrated out, and was poking into my kidney. Had to have surgery to remove the stupid thing.
I can understand that, but there are very few methods of birth control that wouldn't require serious supervision of sorts to ensure it was being used properly and actually utilized.

The pill, I suppose you could watch her take it once a day at a designated time. That could turn into a real battle for many kids though.

Everything else needs to be taken out and put in with use or with each cycle. Not something most parents really want to supervise!

The depo shot, I don't know anything about, I think it lasts a number of years, that might work.

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Three months, last I knew. And I know several women whose cycles were messed up because of it. My sister for one. She spent a few months in foster care in her late teens where she was required to get the shot. So this girl went from regular as a clock to no periods and unable to get pregnant for years.
I stand corrected! :) I know nothing about the shot, I thought there was one that lasted a few years but perhaps not. There really isn't a good solution, unfortunately.

I don't really have an issue with the Duggars since we're on the subject. They support them, the oldest seems to be well adjusted to society, and all the kids are well behaved and polite. Can't fault 'em there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.