German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in memory of Lady. Poor girl had no family. She did have a family once but she was left outside when they were on vacation and either ran away or somebody stole her. She was in heat, so we suspect she had a litter of puppies. Lady was finally picked up by animal control 5 months later. They called us yesterday to come evaluate her. When the volunteer got there it was obvious that Lady was very sick, she was having a hard time breathing and had two huge tumors, one on the side of her mouth and the other under her chin. We tried to get her out yesterday but animal control wouldn't let her go until her hold time was up. While the volunteer was standing at the desk she saw a picture of Lady on the bulletin board saying she had been lost since November and her owners were looking for her. They were called and came to the shelter to get Lady. But they left her there when they saw how sick she was. Told us (the rescue) that we were Lady's angels and we could take better care of her. We were able to pick poor Lady up this morning and get her to the vet. She could barely breath or walk by this time. The xray showed her lungs were full of blood. We had to send Lady to the bridge. At least she is not suffering anymore. At least in the end she was with someone who cared. Lady...this is in your memory. I will not forget you, you are forever in my heart.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
tears.....pass the tissues.....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awww, that's very sad. Poor Lady
At least she had her last moments with people who cared.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Run free sweet girl.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Oh that is so sad

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
This is so sad.

Rest in Peace Lady.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
bless your soul dear lady, rest in peace. bless your heart cindy.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
bless you cindy for being an angel in the end for a dog whose owner was so heartless. i really dont understand how people can do this to an animal. i could never walk away from one of my babies. and in the end they are babies no matter what. You are truly one of gods angels here on earth

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Poor Lady, RIP sweet gal. At least you had a rescue angel with you when you went to the bridge. So sad that your family wouldn't be there to help you make the trip. Run Free Lady.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Cindy,

You really have a big heart!! May GOD bless you!!

Rest in peace, Lady!! You're not suffering anymore.

Leika 11, Philippines

1 - 18 of 18 Posts