German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German Shepherd Dog Club of America Online Store for Logo Items, Videos, Publications

Thought this might be interesting. What does everyone think of the GSD on the GSDCA Christmas ornament? Does this dog exemplify the standard? (If so, which one? eg AKC, FCI). What sort of activities would a dog with this structure be best suited for? What structural traits does he possess that might be detrimental in terms of speed, athleticism, and ability to leap over tall buildings in a single bound? What structural traits does he possess which are beneficial in a working context?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
German Shepherd Dog Club of America Online Store for Logo Items, Videos, Publications

Thought this might be interesting. What does everyone think of the GSD on the GSDCA Christmas ornament? Does this dog exemplify the standard? (If so, which one? eg AKC, FCI). What sort of activities would a dog with this structure be best suited for? What structural traits does he possess that might be detrimental in terms of speed, athleticism, and ability to leap over tall buildings in a single bound? What structural traits does he possess which are beneficial in a working context?
The dog looks ASL in my opinion. I would think that agility or herding may be suitable for this dog. Personally, I don't think this dog would be very suiybable for working.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Just for fun, let's bash the show lines.

Tomorrow, we can bash the working lines.

We don't even need to use real dogs. Let's use some artists depiction of a German Shepherd.

I have a bajillion GSD figurines we can bash if we get bored.

And then we can start on my GSD t-shirts. And then we can do the calendar.

I have a little stuffed guy that sways back and forth and sings some Stevie Wonder Christmas tune we can bash if you like. I can tell its a GSD puppy, but it certainly wouldn't be put up at any dog show.

Maybe ya'all have run out of putting up pictures of awesome dogs working, so you need to spend your time bashing other lines.

I feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
It's a pretend dog. How can a person critique a pretend dog?

·
Super Moderator
5,728 Posts
Thank you, Sue. My thoughts exactly.
Hey, if you guys want, I can post a photo of my AKC Grand Champion pointed bitch and everyone can critique her. Should be lots of fun. Not.

Seriously, can we just lay off the show lines?

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
well actually the illustration for the GSDC of A is being changed from an extreme to a more 1970's balanced type .
What you have put before you as ideal that is what you tend to strive for . (you being the universal you)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

We don't even need to use real dogs. Let's use some artists depiction of a German Shepherd.

I have a little stuffed guy that sways back and forth and sings some Stevie Wonder Christmas tune we can bash if you like. I can tell its a GSD puppy, but it certainly wouldn't be put up at any dog show.

Maybe ya'all have run out of putting up pictures of awesome dogs working, so you need to spend your time bashing other lines.

I feel sorry for you.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think the reason this was used as a "critiquing" example is because it was put out by the AKC and one would assume this is a "champion, should strive for" in structure and looks....I don't think it's any different than critiquing the videos of the different IPO dogs at the worlds...trust me, working line people are the MOST harsh on critiquing those dogs....so if it's so upsetting to see people critique a showline image that the AKC has put out as a "perfect" GSD....go ahead and grab some videos of dogs working IPO and offer knowledgeable critiques....one would assume if the dogs are at the worlds or nationals they are up for critique and are "supposedly" the best of the best. Such silly things to get panties in a bunch over.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
pointing out soft pasterns and excessive stifle does not categorize the dog as anything , neither show nor working , just pointing out physical flaws.

·
Banned
210 Posts
I am not a fan of such slanted backs. Looks painful and like you'd have a lot of hip problems down the road. Which may not be the case?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Bad day, Sue? :( I think they were just kidding. I'm going to have some wine. Want to watch The Voice with me and have some wine or :beer: ? :D

I feel sorry for you.

*-*Summer*-*

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Why is everyone so testy on here lately?
Must be the holidays approaching...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts