German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a young family who just adopted a new dog and needed some tips. The dog is a sweet little mutt, rescued from the CA streets while heavily pregnant, placed in a foster home where she raised her beautiful puppies. After weaning her pups, they all went to the local shelter where the mother was spayed. All pups were adopted in one day.
This family however, bless their hearts, had done good research and decided to forgo the cute pups and adopt the mother dog who was skinny but with well-used and dried-up "milk fringes" and a golden temperament as a kid's dog.
She was playing in the yard, running around, fetching with the young kids. This dog (and her pups too) were so lucky to have beaten the odds as a stray when nobody cared until she was spotted by that one special person.
So bjungx007, I hope this lifts you up a little and that you will heal soon from the loss of your beautiful puppy Faith.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are amazing! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. I am already in search for another rescue at the moment and even though it still hurts to have lost my baby Faith, I am now looking forward and am inspired by the loss and by everyone's support. Everyone on the forum that has read/responded I would like to thank you again because it helped us so much and in many ways unimaginable.

God Bless you all~

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have fostered many dogs, . I fostered one dog at a time and it has been a very enriching experience, although not all stories ended happily. It is an opportunity to meet a lot of different dogs, love them, train them and help them find homes.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You did a wonderful thing rescuing her, and even though you suffered a loss. Here you are again ready to do another wonderful thing. its people like you that give hope. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts