German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella's favorite thing to do is play fetch with her footballs. This was great when she was smaller but now everytime I get her a new football she pops it in the first 5 minutes. Does anyone know of a football that will hold up? So far I have tried a couple diff. ones and none make it through the first 5 minutes?

Attachments

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
find one that's made of plastic. she might flatten it
but she can continue to play with it. did you try any other
plastic or hard rubber toys for her to play with??

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I don't know if they still make the, but NERF footballs used to work on my dogs. (I don't even care if I'm dating myself here.........LOL)
Or, instead of a football, try a JollyBall. They come in different sizes and I have never met a dog that didin't like them.
If you have a TSC near you, they normally sell them. Ours are in the equine area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look for Air Kong (not the same as the classic Kong people). They have a football for dogs. These are not GSD proof, but are as close as I can find.

This is the large one, and a random search with Google found it at about 10 bucks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jolly Balls and Air Kongs are both great suggestions. We have both and our dogs love them. In fact, the Jolly Ball was originally purchased for the horses and the dogs took it over when the horses showed no interest.

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info, I ordered her one of the Air Kong Footballs. Hopefully this will last, its not much fun playing with a flat football.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I hate to say, but both of my dogs ignore the Jolly Ball. It sits in the yard all alone. However, Dexter is mad about tennis balls (He doesn't eat them, just chases them.) and Luke loves his soccer balls. He flattens them, too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bella also loves Soccer Balls, they just dont last very long. We are going to try both of the aforementioned balls. A Tennis ball also sounds like a good idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Air Kong Football arrived yesterday and Bella absolutely loves it, thanks for the advice.The squeeking is driving my wife crazy but thats ok as long as Bella is happy.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the Air Kong Football didn't make it past 2 days. Guess we will try the TUFF SPORT Football ???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts