German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my boy on Orijen for a while but did not agree with him:(..So we switched him to Solid Gold Wolf Cub since about almost 2 months now,Although he is doing better on this food I noticed recentley he is shedding a lot. He is now almost six months old is he just blowing his coat? Or is this due to the new food He Is on? Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think good diet has a lot to do with the coat, but when Jake was that age he shed like mad.....he was losing his puppy fuzz :(. It seemed like it was coming out by the handfuls....now at 8 months it by the fingers full.;)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Could be his age or food. Adding fish oil supplements may help a bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would really like to find out if it is the food, I would definatley look into switching him again? From what I have read SGWC is suppose to b a really good Kibble?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The food is very good quality....I would guess it's puppy fuzz! Get used to it because they don't call them "German SHEDDERS" for nothing. Get your self a good pin brush or slicker and gently brush him every other day... at about 7 months Jake's shedding decreased a lot. I also switched him to grain free food.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Guys for all the input... Just got a Zoom Groom and used it today on D. It was like, never ending amounts of hair!!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts