German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Recently i went out of the country and my parents were in charge of my two GSD. I ran out of food last second and told them to pick up two bags of certain type. Well they got the wrong type. This may be a stupid question but i feed my dogs Nutro Ultra large breed and for my pup i feed him the same but "large breed puppy" they got regular "adult" and "puppy" and not "large breed adult and large breed puppy". I want my dogs to have the best but specially since my pup is growing dont want to mess anything up lol will feeding them the regular "puppy" instead of "large breed puppy" really matter? sorry if this sounds stupid just want to make sure kind of confusing. Thanks for any help!

-Robert

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey guys. Recently i went out of the country and my parents were in charge of my two GSD. I ran out of food last second and told them to pick up two bags of certain type. Well they got the wrong type. This may be a stupid question but i feed my dogs Nutro Ultra large breed and for my pup i feed him the same but "large breed puppy" they got regular "adult" and "puppy" and not "large breed adult and large breed puppy". I want my dogs to have the best but specially since my pup is growing dont want to mess anything up lol will feeding them the regular "puppy" instead of "large breed puppy" really matter? sorry if this sounds stupid just want to make sure kind of confusing. Thanks for any help!

-Robert
Did they already open the bags?

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I have been doing a lot of research and one of the biggest differences between large breed puppy and regular puppy is the calcium levels. Too much calcium can be harmful to your pup.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i think they'll be fine on the different formulas for the short time. If the bags have been opened which i'm assuming so as food was gone last minute, just finish them off and get back with what you use normally. if the bags havent been opened yet, get the receipt and return or do an exchange for the right stuff. I dont think it'll do any damage for the short time that would cause issues in the future.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I've never fed a puppy food, the brand I use is Nature's Variety and they don't make a puppy formula. So like everyone else said, as a temporary thing it shouldn't matter, just as long as it agrees with your pup. Sometimes changing food like that will give them runny poop until they adjust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts