German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is 11 months old, and I had German shepherds before and they were all great in every single aspect. But this one does not want to eat. He is skinny, and we try to feed him with the best foods there are, but he just does not want to do that. He eats when we add some meat from a bag for cat/dog food and that is a 50/50 chance that he will eat that. I walked him every single day, I played with him, as did my family and he is challenged every day, so it is not a problem with boredom.

We give him meat, he just smells it, the next day we give him the same meat and he eats it. he eats bones when he wants to so you never know if he will eat. He started having spots and hair drop all over his body, so we took him to the vet and he gave him some shots and said that the non-eating part is a part of that. His hair has started to grow, but it is still at the beginning.

He eats when I "make" him, I stand beside him and tell him to eat, it is like I have to command him sometimes and I have to stay there for a few minutes and practically beg for him to eat and then he eats it all. The vet said to give him some pills to increase his appetite, I started doing that yesterday and I can't see any changes.

I really need help, what could be the causes?

Also, I went to two vets, not just one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You say he eats if you stay there and feed him. Could you make his meals fun. As in using his meals as treats that you feed him by hand throughout the day? What was the exact diagnosis from the vet(s) ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts