German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
thats interesting. I used a bark collar for one of mine and I was well aware how to use it and the harm that could come from using it wrong. If the dog was at a kennel the natural responce to a dog in a new environment with other dogs is to bark. So why have left the bark collar at all? I hope other people learn from this, it can't be undone but at least people can learn from it.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Hopefully this story will warn other dog owners about this kennel. I sure wouldn't take the Hooligans there, or anywhere, that used training methods without my permission (and no, I would not give them permission, I'd go somewhere else).

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Wow, Sounds like they use the bark collar regularly in their boarded dogs without prior consent. Seems, they're not sad that they used it- (or injured the dog), but only that they got caught

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Originally Posted By: MaedchenWow, Sounds like they use the bark collar regularly in their boarded dogs without prior consent. Seems, they're not sad that they used it- (or injured the dog), but only that they got caught
YES! That is what I thought too.

I would have a very hard time restraining myself...

G

·
0 Posts
Mack was like that 20 some odd years ago when I knew him. Seems he hasn't learned a **** thing. He used to have Dobermans and had excessively harsh training "methods" I did not approve of. I see he has Labs now. Probably got his a$$ bit one too many times by Dobies that didn't take his guff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts