German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found these pics today while I was looking for something else. I want to say he's just shy of 3 months old, but I can't be sure. The picture of focus:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very much. We spend a lot of time together and get a lot of work in. I'm a retired deputy and a former K9 handler so he gets a lot to do.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunnar turned 3 in August so I guess he's 3 1/2 years old. By the info on the picture properties, it was taken on Oct. 30 and Gunnar was born on Aug 4 so I guess that made him just shy of 3 months.
One of the first things I always try and work on with my dogs is focus or "on me."
That just makes everything else so much easier to build on and really helps with recall.
That toy that my wife is tossing up for him was his all time favorite thing. I think by the time he was 6 months old we had stopped all food treats and just used that thing. We eventually transitioned to a bath towel, rolled up and taped.
That's what we still use today. My overall goal with him was to get him to work as a handler protection/narc dog.
I had some medical problems and had to retire and I couldn't bear to get rid of him so we did the majority of the training on our own. We still work with some of the are K9 handlers and he can hold his own with any of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts