German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My gsd puppy (8 months) has a high drive especially when playing with the flirtpole. I'm concern before he loves to jump and I know he's too young to be jumping. At what age is it ok for gsd to start jumping...

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I wouldn't let him jump until he stops growing that way you don't put stress on his joints and bones that aren't closed yet. This should he around two years or so.

You don't need to have him jumping while playing with the flirt pole. I don't have my dog jump when he plays with his I just keep the toy on the ground and move it around and let him chase it

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Definitely no jumping until they are done growing.

Both of my dogs love to chase the flirtpole...I keep the toy on the ground, no jumping if I can help it. I do raise it up a little to move it faster. My female has such a long body she really can't jump much, but my boy will if I am not careful. They are both 3 years old.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mia loves her flirtpole too. I keep it on the ground and she chases it. It's one of her favorite games.:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin goes for the flirt everytime he goes outside. I believe if I played with him for 8 hrs straight he would chase it all eight... He's absolutely crazy about it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts