German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I do if my pup has fleas?

Is he too young for commercial products such as Frontline? Flea Bath?

He's 9wks old.

Recommendations please!

·
Registered
482 Posts
My puppy had bad fleas when we brought her home from the shelter at 8 weeks. We were told to give her a flea bath, but there aren't any puppy-safe bath products (none we could find, at least). We used a flea collar that was okay for her age and it worked great.

With her flea collar, lots of brushing with a flea comb and a bath, she was good to go.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My puppy had bad fleas when we brought her home from the shelter at 8 weeks. We were told to give her a flea bath, but there aren't any puppy-safe bath products (none we could find, at least). We used a flea collar that was okay for her age and it worked great.

With her flea collar, lots of brushing with a flea comb and a bath, she was good to go.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I knew about the collar but didn't think my Max was old enough. Great suggestion! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
A product you can get called "Diatomaceous Earth" is very very safe and can be rubbed into the coat as a powder. You must get the OMRI, or food grade not the pool grade.

The Benefits Of Diatomaceous Earth | Dogs Naturally Magazine

you want to be careful not to get in eyes and nose as it can be an irritant but it is very helfpul. It is great for things like carpets.

Be careful with any collars as they have to be very snug, puppies are growing fast, and they seem to have a houdini like way of getting out of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts