German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an apt in three days (on the 2nd) to get my puppy's 2nd set of shots and either revolution or confortis...but until then...is there anything i can buy at a store to put on my pup temporarily for fleas? here is florida its nothing but sand and they are bad and i feel bad...i dont wanna give him a bath every single day because thats not good for him and he's already had two bathes...any suggestions? I know its only 3 days away but i feel bad because hes scratching at himself and it must be annoying for him..as well as not good for him.... :shrug:

·
2,967 Posts
I would just go to PetsMart or your vet to just get a single dose of Advantage and start now. You don't need a prescription or office visit to get that stuff. Fleas can lead to tapeworms among other issues so I would just get it taken care of.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I would go with Comfortis for fleas. And just go ahead of time. Your vet should understand that, especially living in Fl. I don't know if they have a size for pups, but it works great for fleas (I also live in FL) :)

If you really can''t get any until your vet visit, then I would to find some neem oil, and add a bit into his shampoo. Another option would a flea collar until then (not the best option, but better than nothing, and cheap)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Hes not due for his shots for another week...but i just took in my health certificate and my vet gave me a single dose of Revolution! (which i LOVE)...so hes happy now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts