German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody know anything about these and if they're any good or not? I'm wondering if they will stand up at all to Lulu. She's got a really strong ball drive. And for $10 a piece I'd really like to know. Would be good for nite time ball playing which we do almost every night.

They also had some glow in the dark balls. They have some sort of an odor though which makes me wonder if they're safe for her or not. They wouldn't be for her to just chill whenever it would be strictly night time playing.

Let me know what you think.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I once bought a flashy ball for Pimg. It had a hard outer shell- not rubbery at all. She never did play with it. Looks like those are more gummy, which would be good. They gumminess may also make them super slippery once the dog saliva is on them, which increases choking hazard.

I'm assuming you're female based on the wedding ring bands, and that likely means you have rather small hands. The red ball looks tiny, as such, and the green ball looks about as big as a tennis ball. For me, that's too dangerous without a rope attached.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We use a glow in the dark ball that has a hole through the center, so it makes a distinctive slight noise when thrown, and it is THE COOLEST thing to throw it into the darkness of our woods, then watch him take off and disappear, then you see this glowing ball floating through the air back towards you, lol.

We got it from PetCo and it is slightly soft but is not a ball he plays with - retrieval only. Now we can play after dark so everyone's happy! We were going to get the flashy light one but the glow in the dark one works great.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks. I went ahead and got one of each. I like to play find it or hide and seek which seems to be games that she likes but only with the balls. I just didn't want to spend $10 each only 2 find out that they're really awful

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts