German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SO embarrassed! The neighbors are having a graduation party and their front door was open. Flash and I got home and I had a ton of stuff to carry in. I managed to grab all of it but it meant I didn't have as good a grip on his leash as I should have. He heard all the laughing and took off, walked right into their house and into their living room!!!
Of course I immediately dropped everything and took off after him, spilling papers all over the driveway. I had to run into their house to grab him just as they noticed him. It was actually kind of funny to everyone so that's good. Apparently one of them has a dog that looks like him and they were all really confused at first, they somehow thought it was the family member's dog! Thank goodness pretty much the entire neighborhood knows Flash, they aren't scared of him!

·
Registered
681 Posts
LOL
Flash was just unleashing the party animal inside!!!

One day, we were on a walk with the boys..and passing a local bar. It was a nice day, they had the doors open.
There she went, right inside the door.

I was talking to my middle son and she had too much lead.
I looked up in time to see a bunch of older guys laughing and pointing. I said 'I'mso sorry!'. One guy said 'she's just thirsty!'

Dog's don't seem to get the whole 'privacy' or 'you shouldn't go in there' thing

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Flash wanted to party too!!!

Last summer, we had new neighbors to move in and Elle was way curious of them being there, and thought they wanted to be her friend (she thinks everyone's her friend)....Anyhow, they were painting the inside walls and their son walks out and Elle runs over all happy and notices she can get into the house, (we we're trying to catch her) She came within an inch of knocking the entire can of paint on their new carpet....I thought I was going to die!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am sure Flash would have made their party more exciting!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Taedyn almost crashed a party the other day. She went running down my neighbor's driveway towards the party in the back yard. She was half way down the driveway when I said in my don't-take-no-for-an-answer voice, "Taedyn come!" She immediately stopped dead in her tracks and turned around. I was pretty proud of her

While I was doing some yard work today she ran into the other tenant's apartment despite me telling her no. I was quite surprised as the above anecdote shows she listens to me rather well. Then I realized that the heat was too much for her and she just wanted to go inside way too much.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Haha, that's funny!

Reminds me of when I was trying to carry my cat into the car when we moved out of our apartment. She figured what was up (HATES the car), laid 8 inch gashes in my back and ran into some unsuspecting girl's apartment just as she was coming out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally Posted By: LiesjeReminds me of when I was trying to carry my cat into the car when we moved out of our apartment. She figured what was up (HATES the car), laid 8 inch gashes in my back and ran into some unsuspecting girl's apartment just as she was coming out.
Oh geeze. I learned very quickly as a child: Do not carry a cat outdoors! Thats very dangerous!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You say that Flash 'crashed' the party like he wasn't invited or something. He probably figured he was late for the party!!!!!

Lu

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Too funny!!! Flash sounds like he just wanted to be a social butterfly.

I was walking Kayos in the down town area of our litle town in kentucky. She was about 6 months old I guess as it was summer and we moved out here in the fall. The door of the best Italian resturant in town opened directly to the side wlk and as we walked past it opened and a couple came out. Kayos walked right in as they walked out. The very first table was just inside the door and she managed to get herself all the ay to the table and say high to the family sitting there.

I quit using a flexi with her after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts