German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While walking today I saw a large bird in the park. Didn't think much of it, just assumed it was a raven, there are many of them around here. But then I was shocked to see that it was a falcon!

They are not at all common here in the Reykjavík area and it was very nice to see it.

Flækja of course ran after it, scaring it away but as you can see he took his lunch with him.

"wha- huh?"

"best get outta dodge"

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The day before yesterday.
Oh and I just got a phonecall from a local newspaper, they are going to run a short interview and post my pictures, a falcon in the 'city' clearly isn't the norm lol

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Cool pictures!
We do have falcons where I live, this one time I was out walking with my then 2 year old daughter, we saw a cute wild bunny across the way so we sat down to watch it, no sooner had we sat down then a huge Falcon landed on it and began ripping it up right in front of us (we were across the street so far enough away that he was not frightened by us) needless to say my daughter started crying and that was the end of our wildlife watching for the day!!

I also used to have a small dog and as a pup I would always need to stand right over her to watch out for Falcons and Bald Eagles because they account for a decent amount of toy breeds and very small puppies being swept away here!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
woah that does sound scary!

lunch was some kind of bird

·
Registered
462 Posts
Those pictures are amazing! It does look like it was some kind of bird in the talons. We get falcons here occasionally but a lot more hawks. I LOVE birds of prey..they are so beautiful :) Glad you shared!! Adorable dog too by the way!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Great pictures! We have many hawks and owls here, (I love to watch the owls, their babies too) but I don't think I've seen a falcon. Hubby saw a bald eagle one day.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

And bald eagles are amazing. Saw quite a few of them when I was in Manitoba, Canada summer before last. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts