German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and been told that fish oil supplements are good for dogs. I see that they are sold in pet stores and online and cost a fortune for the pet supplements. A friend of mine said that the human fish oil supplements are the same idea and are a lot cheaper. She gives her Lab the Nature Made 1200 mg fish oil capsules. What is the diffrence between the pets and the humans fish oil supplements? An is fish oil supplements a good thing to have your dog on?

·
Registered
32,775 Posts
NSI Fish Oil EPA 360 mg / DHA 240 mg -- 300 Softgels - Vitacost

Yes, O3's are very good for dogs just like they are for people. heart disease, cancer, arthritis...good for all sorts of things.

I look for this in a fish oil
NSI® fish oil products are lab tested for heavy metals, impurities and contaminants, to ensure our products meet stringent safety and quality standards. All NSI® fish oil supplements are tested to ensure that mercury, dioxins and PCB levels are below industry standards.

·
Banned
5,218 Posts
Every day when I take my vitamin pills my dog sits there wanting to share, so I give her one of my fish oil capsules. Love to see the expression on her face when she bites into it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
pleah... the only thing i hate about fish oil is the smell after a few days... smells like sweating fish o_O

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What is the diffrence between the pets and the humans fish oil supplements?
Well I feed human supplements (Sundown 1000mg Salmon oil). Koda "cousin" back home is fed a dog omega 3 supp. but he has to have his hid in canned food. So the IMO the ones for humans taste better??? Mac will need them hidden, but if I feed him Koda's it is like eating a treat. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I bought Bandit some of the brand my friend gives her dog. It's a human fish oil supplemnt 1200mg they are horse pills but he takes it like a champ. They are lquid capsules so they aren't to bad to swallow.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well I bought Bandit some of the brand my friend gives her dog. It's a human fish oil supplemnt 1200mg they are horse pills but he takes it like a champ. They are lquid capsules so they aren't to bad to swallow.
After seeing him down some of the things he has, horse pills are nothing, but he atually prefers to bite them and taste the salmon oil inside (like a fishy fruit gushers treat!)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yuck! The past few days I have been smelling fish on one of the dogs... Well lastnight they were laying down beside me and I smelled each of them and it was Bandit! I first thought eww gross how did he get fish..... I thought about this then it just clicked.... FISH OILS! lol It's making him stink like fish!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts