German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVED the first routine (Nico and Agent) gave me goosebumps!! What a BEAUTIFUL routine! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Found myself clapping at the end and I'm at work!!! :rofl: Better shut my office's door. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Love the first dog ( haven't watched the second yet). His send away was awesome.. where was this?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ahhh OK. So it looks like both were up for a SCH III ? Don't understand the change in dumbells though on the second one.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Oh, O.K. LOL I feel a bit dumb at the moment!

·
Registered
174 Posts
What score did the dog in the third video get? I know nothing about schutzhund and would like to learn. I noted the foot move in the stand stay (don't know the correct term yet). Would this result in a lower score and by a lot or a little? The performance in this video just blows me away. How on earth do people train such lightning speed in obedience? Would the dog's genetics be responsible for what looks to me like a calm mindfulness? How would people encourage both these traits--calmness and instant reaction in obedience when raising and training a schutzhund dog? If anyone would like to comment/explain, I'd be grateful. Thank you.

·
Registered
754 Posts
A just saw a dog that got 100 in OB, would love to see that routine.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I LOVED the first routine (Nico and Agent) gave me goosebumps!! What a BEAUTIFUL routine! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Found myself clapping at the end and I'm at work!!! :rofl: Better shut my office's door. :whistle:
I started clapping too!!! Haha..

I was impressed with their routine... the last send out and the platz...... wow...... if Stark ever did that, he'd get whatever he wanted for the rest of his life.... WOWZERS!

The whole thing was quite amazing!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
What score did the dog in the third video get? I know nothing about schutzhund and would like to learn. I noted the foot move in the stand stay (don't know the correct term yet). Would this result in a lower score and by a lot or a little? The performance in this video just blows me away. How on earth do people train such lightning speed in obedience? Would the dog's genetics be responsible for what looks to me like a calm mindfulness? How would people encourage both these traits--calmness and instant reaction in obedience when raising and training a schutzhund dog? If anyone would like to comment/explain, I'd be grateful. Thank you.
I think most, if not all is genetic. Yes, you can train a dog to excell in OB but really... after working with a Showline/Working line cross... and working hard!... I think this is partically genetic.

Biddable, drivey, calm, enjoys the work all play a role here and I think that can be seen from one generation to another. At least this is my understanding so far...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Wow, number three is def. a favorite right now. Such tight and alert obedience!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think I may agree with you... the 3rd performance was spectacular!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Beautiful finishes on the 3rd video.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Here is the 100 point obedience routine.. very correct, very nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts