German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oscar is very, very nervous in public. Usually he is a shy knee knocker, to nervous about new places and people to notice anything else. And today the pet store we visit was very busy! Four other dogs and two people per dog, not including the employees and their dogs, way more than Ive had him around yet. But! Oscar did much better today! Usually as I walk around the display with animal chewies (pig ears, hooves, tendons, jerky, etc) Oscar is running into or around my legs trying to look every which way to see everything on high alert. For once he stopped and sniffed the goodies hahaha. He even picked out his own treat!! ..Well, as close to picking out as he can get given him being a basket case.

He nosed the trachea, and when I picked it up and held it out to him, he licked it. Great! Amazing! Hallelujah!! Normally he barely whiffs at anything given to him by hand, never mind show interest in a treat of any kind. So thats me leaping towards him picking it out himself because he barely shows interest otherwise.

And now he is home and very happily crunching away at it. Hes having a lot of fun with the crunch. Im so proud of my shy rescue boy. He picked out his own treat! He sniffed noses with a couple of the dogs, no growls or hackle raising on anyones part, so it was a good visit to the store.

LO

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are a couple pictures from yesterday. He really is coming along so well since the heartworm treatment was finished. Ignore my lawn, I know it needs to be cut but Ive been stalling looking for grass seed to replace the weeds lol.

LO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts