German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a 4 month old GSD puppy in April and i have an old schoolmate that trains and breed Heidelburg GSD's for law enforcement and military. She took in my "Zena", thats her name in to train with her personal GSD pack. The trainer told me she is extremely intelligent and has a stable temperament, but alittle bit more stubborn than the others. She started her training at 6 months going on 7. I have noticed a difference in her body structure compared to the trainers "Heidelberg pack". She is shorter than the "pack" more solid and muscular, she doesn't have the "saber tail" like most GSD's. Zena's tail is "tapered" thick at the base and hangs down, her head or crown is more wider than the average GSD a wide snout not as long. Her back legs are muscular and thick and she has the sweetest temperament that made me fall head overheels for. I know nothing about this dog i didnt purchase her from a breeder. Well let me explain how i came across her. I work overnight at my job and at 7 am i started driving home from work. I was driving down the feeder and saw a dog running down the street and was almost hit by a passing car. i pulled up behind her while she was still running on the road and she moved off the road i passed her and kept driving. I kept looking at my review mirror and she was back on the road running like she was chasing me, and almost got hit by another car. i hit my hazard lights stopped the car and opened the passenger door to the car and waited then this head popped up looking at me wimpering. I said "going my way?" She got in and started licking me in the face spun around into a ball and fell asleep and she has been with me ever since.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I acquired a 4 month old GSD puppy in April and i have an old schoolmate that trains and breed Heidelburg GSD's for law enforcement and military. She took in my "Zena", thats her name in to train with her personal GSD pack. The trainer told me she is extremely intelligent and has a stable temperament, but alittle bit more stubborn than the others. She started her training at 6 months going on 7. I have noticed a difference in her body structure compared to the trainers "Heidelberg pack". She is shorter than the "pack" more solid and muscular, she doesn't have the "saber tail" like most GSD's. Zena's tail is "tapered" thick at the base and hangs down, her head or crown is more wider than the average GSD a wide snout not as long. Her back legs are muscular and thick and she has the sweetest temperament that made me fall head overheels for. I know nothing about this dog i didnt purchase her from a breeder. Well let me explain how i came across her. I work overnight at my job and at 7 am i started driving home from work. I was driving down the feeder and saw a dog running down the street and was almost hit by a passing car. i pulled up behind her while she was still running on the road and she moved off the road i passed her and kept driving. I kept looking at my review mirror and she was back on the road running like she was chasing me, and almost got hit by another car. i hit my hazard lights stopped the car and opened the passenger door to the car and waited then this head popped up looking at me wimpering. I said "going my way?" She got in and started licking me in the face spun around into a ball and fell asleep and she has been with me ever since.
She looks wonderful. What a fab looking pack you have!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Really love the story on how you came to have Zena....She's a beautiful dog :welcome:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Her tail and coat length look just like my Macey's - I like the shorter coat length but it definitely makes them look different than most GSDs. I don't know if this is a genetic thing or if it is random?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't know about her line and coat and everything, but I do know that it's such a wonderful story! Aw. Genuinely glad you and Zena found each other! ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts