German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :gsdbeggin::gsdsit: I am soooooooooooo happy to report. My son and I took Roxy to a local park ( she had her last set of shots) ...away from the house and she walked like a little pro. We even had a woman and small child pass by us and she sat and watched them walk past...didn't try to approach them and since they didn't approach us it was a good test of that scenario.

we then went and watched the ducks and geese for awhile and no attempt to sprint towards them.

I just think for Roxy a "walk" is going to mean out of our house and yard view...we may never be able to walk the neighborhood or maybe that's going to be down the line after we get used to walking out and about...but for today..I'm very very happy...

our homework for puppy class is 1/2 hour of heel ( or word of our choice) and sit...so we did that once today and maybe we'll hit another park yet tonight..kind of watching the weather. Thanks for celebrating with me

·
Registered
595 Posts
:D :gsdbeggin::gsdsit: I am soooooooooooo happy to report. My son and I took Roxy to a local park ( she had her last set of shots) ...away from the house and she walked like a little pro. We even had a woman and small child pass by us and she sat and watched them walk past...didn't try to approach them and since they didn't approach us it was a good test of that scenario.

we then went and watched the ducks and geese for awhile and no attempt to sprint towards them.

I just think for Roxy a "walk" is going to mean out of our house and yard view...we may never be able to walk the neighborhood or maybe that's going to be down the line after we get used to walking out and about...but for today..I'm very very happy...

our homework for puppy class is 1/2 hour of heel ( or word of our choice) and sit...so we did that once today and maybe we'll hit another park yet tonight..kind of watching the weather. Thanks for celebrating with me
NICE!! gratz :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts