German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is 56 days into her pregnancy. She looks like she's having a fair few babies too. She's been painting for a few days now which I have put down to the heat and all the extra weight she's carrying.

She's had a on off appetite through the whole pregnancy and she now has diarrhea, she's restless, digging and nesting but her temp is still 37.5c. I haven't noticed any discharge but she's constantly cleaning g herself.

Could she just be uncomfortable or the beginning of labour? Slow labour?

Thanks in advance ?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Unless you were wrong about the due date, she should still have a few days to go. Average pregnancy length is 63 days, but that's just an average. Definitely she's showing signs of getting close, though!

AKC says whelping can occur as early as 58 days from first mating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply, she mated numerous times over 2 days. From the first mating it's 57 days today.

She's also had a .3 drop in temp this morning so it's measuring as 37.2 and on measuring tonight it's still 37.2

I can't attach a picture but she is huge and they've dropped out of her ribs now too ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you were wrong about the due date, she should still have a few days to go. Average pregnancy length is 63 days, but that's just an average. Definitely she's showing signs of getting close, though!

AKC says whelping can occur as early as 58 days from first mating.
Thank you for your reply, she mated numerous times over 2 days. From the first mating it's 57 days today.

She's also had a .3 drop in temp yesterday, day and night, so it's measuring as 37.2 and on measuring this morning it's gone up to 37.4?

I can't attach a picture but she is huge and they've dropped out of her ribs now too ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts