German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's lesson went awesome! Wolfie did heeling around cones, and figure eights. He did sit stays, short and long. He did down stays short and long. He did down stay and I had to make a circle around him and walk over him. He did stay and I dropped the leash and walked away and all around and then came back to him. I was shocked that he sat there and didn't move. Just kept an eye on me! He also did come and name recognition. There were people walking, jogging, walking babies in carriages all around us. Numerous dogs walked by, and only got a glance from Wolfie. One lady brought her dog up real close, and Wolfie started to whine, but no more than that. There was even a baseball game going on next to us that got no notice from him. The trainer asked me if this was the same dog! LOL! She said she came fully expecting to have her work cut out for her, and couldn't believe how well focused Wolfie was. I said to her I guess no one believed me at class that I didn't have the barking problem when we were out and about. She even emailed me later on saying that Wolfie did fantastic. Next class she is bringing her dog along to add some distraction. The trainer said that she recommends that Wolfie start protection work. She said that she noticed him protecting me when we were walking up to the class, and showing behaviors that looks like he would be an awesome protection dog. For instance, he turned right around and faced her every time she came up from behind me. He didn't threaten her just turned and faced her. I said he doesn't like it when people come up at me from behind, and she told me that he is protecting me. She asked me if I had heard from the club about that woman, and I said no and asked if she had heard anything. She hasn't heard either, and she was mad at the club for not telling her that I had left the class until the night that I was supposed to be there.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Rock on Wolfie!! And Mom too!!!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I am very proud of him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts