1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Looks like everyone survived and ended up with a smile! I let the groomer at the vet do it too! Very pretty girl

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like everyone survived and ended up with a smile! I let the groomer at the vet do it too! Very pretty girl
Much easier with a pro!!!!!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Ooooh theres beautiful Miss Molly May :wub: Glad it looked like it went well :) Just to be nosey: what's her height and weight now for a comparison with my MMM? :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
She does look less than thrilled but seems to have survived! Nice to see new pics of her ;) I watched a groomer using a dremel today - does yours ever do that?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooh theres beautiful Miss Molly May :wub: Glad it looked like it went well :) Just to be nosey: what's her height and weight now for a comparison with my MMM? :)
Hi Bianca how is your MMM doing? My Molly now weighs 70lbs how about your sweet MMM? I will measure her and let you know!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She does look less than thrilled but seems to have survived! Nice to see new pics of her ;) I watched a groomer using a dremel today - does yours ever do that?
No but we were looking at the Petty paw today and are thinking of buying it. It is the same thing as a dremel just not sure if its worth it?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
She's so pretty! I know about the nail cutting battle!

When Ciana was a baby, she would scream before I even got the clippers near her. I wonder what the breeder did, or if she's just crazy. LOL! However, the only time I took Ciana to the vet to get her nails clipped, it took over a half hour. I was there with another dog to see the vet. I was wondering why they weren't finished with her by the time I was finished seeing the vet. Well, she pooped, peed and expressed her anal glands she was so terrified. They had to bath her before returning her to me. Now she doesn't go anywhere without me. And I do the clipping. She's so needy!

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a thread on Dremel use. http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/basic-care/142655-dremel-those-nails.html
I've read that Pedi Paws isn't heavy duty enough for GSD nails, but haven't tried it myself. We've nicked Mr. Q a couple of times but he has forgiven us (cheese helps!) I also saw the Quickfinder tool mentioned in the thread at PetSmart yesterday. Has anyone else used it?
I am bringing Molly to Petsmart tomorrow and will check out the Quickfinder tool thanks!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
seriously considering paying the groomers to take care of all our dogs nails. I'm tired of doing it every week lol.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Hi Bianca how is your MMM doing? My Molly now weighs 70lbs how about your sweet MMM? I will measure her and let you know!
Thanks Marc! My MMM weighed in at 58 pounds but she is a little porker at the moment!!!! :D I will "try" and measure her later too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The quick finder thing is a waste of money. I work in a dog grooming salon and we have one but it's about useless.

On bigger dogs I find using a dremel works best. once they get over the sound it makes cutting their nails a lot easier. I have hardwood floors so I trim my dogs nails almost weekly or even twice a week i shave a bit off..she's perfectly still for her trims now.

You could always ask your grooming shop if they do deals on nail trims if you come in often. I have a guy that comes in about once or twice a week and we only charge him for a nail trim every 4th or 5th time. He works in a bakery and sometimes brings us chocolate and we do it for free for awhile! :wild::D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The quick finder thing is a waste of money. I work in a dog grooming salon and we have one but it's about useless.

On bigger dogs I find using a dremel works best. once they get over the sound it makes cutting their nails a lot easier. I have hardwood floors so I trim my dogs nails almost weekly or even twice a week i shave a bit off..she's perfectly still for her trims now.

You could always ask your grooming shop if they do deals on nail trims if you come in often. I have a guy that comes in about once or twice a week and we only charge him for a nail trim every 4th or 5th time. He works in a bakery and sometimes brings us chocolate and we do it for free for awhile! :wild::D
Thank you for the heads up about the quick finder:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts