German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby's u get attached quick to them wat r things I should look for b4 Giving them a new home any suggestions or recommended people that know someone who would luv n take care of going on 4 weeks n is ready for the responsibility

· Super Moderator
9,968 Posts
What is a GSP?Are you looking for help with interviewing potential new owners?

· Registered
1,245 Posts
GSP=German Shorthair Pointer...

• Haha
Reactions: Fodder

· Registered
I am down to one pet - Natty Boh, a 10 year old beagle mix.
5,885 Posts
Like Terri said -OP probably means German Shepherd puppies. But like Marsha said - GSP is for German Shorhaired Pointer.
My grand-dog is a GSP, so when that isn't what people mean, it throws me. LOL!

· Registered
10,143 Posts
GSP has become common shorthand for German Shepherd Puppy, and I don't know why. I guess texting and online life make everything shorter.
I always think Pointer as well. Because that is what it means!
In general I have a hard time deciphering posts like this one. I'm old I guess. I like my punctuation, whole words and proper sentences!
OP is trying to sell or give away puppies I guess? Four weeks is to young!

· Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
20,483 Posts
I edited the thread title. I'm sure if we're mistaken about what they meant they'll let us know.

Reactions: dogma13

· Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Puppies need to stay together with mom supervising until they are 8 weeks old....in most states, that is a law, not a suggestion or opinion.

You should start them on real food NOW - Mom is NOT going to want to let them nurse alot because they are getting teeth....she will check in on them, give them a small amount of time to nurse and leave quickly.....this is her wanting to wean them!!!! I like to use goat's milk and baby cereal (rice or oatmeal) and within a week, add raw ground meat or if you don't want to buy that, soak puppy food - a GOOD brand!!! - in goats milk until soft ....feed at least 4 times a day..... slowly transition to dry kibble by soaking for a shorter time, phasing out the milk for water and by the time they are 7 weeks, they should be eating dry kibble. They should also be wormed - DO NOT BUY GROCERY STORE/HARTZ MOUNTAIN products - you can get liquid wormer marked for goats at a farm supply store or online....get STRONGID - put it in food - 2 days, wait 10 days, 2 days, wait 10 days and 2 days - a total of 3 times....

Take to vet for check up and 1st vaccinations at 7ish weeks old.

Good luck!

Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts