German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've had my first German Shepherd a few months now, and he's doing great! He's energetic, in very good shape, and growing like a weed! He's in very good shape, the vet's said he's not overweight. So with that information, I was just wondering what you guys thought about how big he'd get! He turned four months old on July 8th, and weighed between 42 and 43 pounds that day. Is there anyone who kept track of their puppy's growth that that seems on par with? Is this about average weight for his age?

Thanks for any information you guys can throw my way!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Not sure what to tell you about how big your dog, specifically, will be. But most females are 50-70 lbs, males 65-90 lbs (in my experience). So I assume somewhere in that range. My Shoba is 6 months and weighs 46 lbs (female). How big were his parents? That's your best indicator.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
well every pup is different. It depends on a lot of things really. Pups size, pups breeding, etc. Your pup is a March 18 pup huh? Dax turned 4 months old on the 8th as well and he was just under 30lbs when I weight him this past Saturday.

You can get a rough guess of what you might be able to expect about his size by looking at his parents. Males tend to be closer to their dads weight while females closer to moms. Of course it can be give and take as well.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dexter weighed around 42 lbs at 4 months. He's close to 58 pounds right now at a little over 5 1/2 months and 24". He's on the little larger than average size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts