German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if you guys/ gals could shed some light on this pairing. we pick our puppy up in 4 weeks and would love any info i could get. It will not let me post links yet.

Sire: vancouver provocativo

Dam: layma soningem haus

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Is there a particular reason for this question? Doubt or just curiosity? Who is the breeder? Website? Instead of the link, if that doesn't work, just mention the website and we can look it up.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Well it doesn't look like the dam has her hips or elbows tested. Why not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a particular reason for this question? Doubt or just curiosity? Who is the breeder? Website? Instead of the link, if that doesn't work, just mention the website and we can look it up.

Mainly just curiosity.The breeder is freedom shepherds out of Wa. Everything happened so fast with getting this pup. Usually I’ll research for months on end before making a decision like this but my GF is home by herself a lot and we just bought a house so she wanted a fur baby. The breeder is about 30 mins away and we were able to visit and talk.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Von Der Smith GSD's I believe

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm curious if breeding a 5.5yo dam after a litter last October is a norm?

*ETA: I'm also questioning the ethics of an "easy financing" button on a website. If you need a loan just for the puppy, what happens when a health issue strikes? I feel like that's not in line with good practices.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Mainly just curiosity.The breeder is freedom shepherds out of Wa. Everything happened so fast with getting this pup. Usually I’ll research for months on end before making a decision like this but my GF is home by herself a lot and we just bought a house so she wanted a fur baby. The breeder is about 30 mins away and we were able to visit and talk.
Welp nevermind lol I was WRONG !

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
What was the breeder hoping to achieve by this particular pairing? Did the breeder say why they feel this litter will be a good match for you? What exactly are you hoping to get with your puppy? The dam is WGSL and the sire is a mix of WGWL and Czech working line. I’d want to know what the goal of the breeding was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

*ETA: I'm also questioning the ethics of an "easy financing" button on the website. If you need a loan just for the puppy, what happens when a health issue strikes? I feel like that's not in line with good practices.

There was no mention of financing to us when we met her. I didn’t even notice that on the website.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry, I was looking at Von Der Smith's website. I have a hard time believing there are two black dams with that exact name and birthday out there. Your breeder might have acquired her from there?

·
Registered
942 Posts

*ETA: I'm also questioning the ethics of an "easy financing" button on a website. If you need a loan just for the puppy, what happens when a health issue strikes? I feel like that's not in line with good practices.

I just saw that on another site and was thinking the same thing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was the breeder hoping to achieve by this particular pairing? Did the breeder say why they feel this litter will be a good match for you? What exactly are you hoping to get with your puppy? The dam is WGSL and the sire is a mix of WGWL and Czech working line. I’d want to know what the goal of the breeding was.
I’d like a stable well mannered dog that can take direction. This will be a new experience for the both of us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts