German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Brand new here and adopted/rescued a 9 week old, what I assume is a full GSD. Person we got him from thought he was a SHE so that is how little they knew! I am curious if he will be long haired (which I personally hope) or if he is just a fluffy puppy. Can't find any specific images of the give-a-way ears I've read about to help me decide. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
OMG What a cutie! So big, look at those paws!! Can I ask what he weighs at 9 weeks?

I am going with a longer coat, maybe not full dense because he is missing the fluffy ears but his coat is denser then my short hair was at 9 weeks. 1st Pic below for comparison is my male short hair at 9 weeks.
2nd/3rd pic is my female, we got her at 3 months and she is long hair with fluffy ears and all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awwww yours are both so adorable!!!!! He is only 16lbs, looks a lot bigger cause of all the fluff. My fingers almost completely disappear in his coat and collar can almost never be seen. lol This is my first ever GSD and I have had a lot of dogs through my years. I can't get over how cute they are!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LRP-Thank you! and good grief yours are so adorable!!!!!! (thought I replied to this yesterday, still trying to figure out this site lol). So is the ear fluff mean long whispy hair coming out of the actual inside lip of the ear?

He is 16lbs. He looks twice the size from all the hair. His collar gets lost in it and my fingers almost completely disappear when petting him. I love all the fluff. This is my first GSD, I didnt even know there were different coat lengths until I started doing research on him and I looooove the long coats. My fingers are crossed he is full of hair when he gets older.

·
Super Moderator
4,675 Posts
Ear fluffs are behind the ear at the skull. My boy's fluffs were long and wavy and got tangled quite a bit. Now, as an adult, he has a thick mane that I brush nearly every night.

·
Registered
262 Posts
awwww yours are both so adorable!!!!! He is only 16lbs, looks a lot bigger cause of all the fluff. My fingers almost completely disappear in his coat and collar can almost never be seen. lol This is my first ever GSD and I have had a lot of dogs through my years. I can't get over how cute they are!!
Chunk was 14lbs when we 1st got him at 9 weeks, so small he could sit in my lap. He is now 55 lbs at 6 months, strong and lean, and when he stands up is as tall as I am. Time goes by so quickly, enjoy yours at this age :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ear fluffs are behind the ear at the skull. My boy's fluffs were long and wavy and got tangled quite a bit. Now, as an adult, he has a thick mane that I brush nearly every night.
My female as well and she is our swimmer so its a constant battle keeping her nice and fluffy. Her ears have long hairs behind the ear and around the ear.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts