German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first trial this weekend. APPDA nationals. I think 4-5 dogs passed out of 30.
We failed on a scenario we did not prepare for. The last time we did it was last November. But now I know where to go.
I passed the obedience, and that was my main goal.

·
Super Moderator
6,280 Posts
Excellent recall!The guy with the bat startled the heck out of him but he recovered quickly:)You'll nail it next time!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Just watched it. Sorry I didn't meet up with you. This is a stepping stone. That bat out of nowhere? Crazy for anyone first go. He recovered. Next time you'll nail it. You both get "huge set" props for stepping up to that. It's big game type stuff.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Why is the dog backtied?
So Cloud doesn't have to rush to Virginia. Kidding. The first time I ever trialed, I failed pretty much like that. Just something to think about, maybe a little more obedience throughout the heeling. A little more attentiveness to you in him, may help keep his head into the trial. A little bit of a cue that its work time.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Cloud doesn't have to rush to Virginia. Kidding. The first time I ever trialed, I failed pretty much like that. Just something to think about, maybe a little more obedience throughout the heeling. A little more attentiveness to you in him, may help keep his head into the trial. A little bit of a cue that its work time.
Yes. Definitely agree. Thanks steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts