German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently took Kona to a dog-friendly restaurant patio for the first time! She did really well. Remained perfectly calm, I had her down/stay right at our feet out of everyone's way. The other guests, waitress, servers - nothing upset her. She was watchful for sure, but I like to think she relied on us to have it under control. :smile2: She tried to get up a couple times and I had her lay back down, but the majority of our meal she stayed right where I put her.

Overall a great restaurant experience and good long down practice. Lots of comments from people about how beautiful she is.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Congrats to pretty Kona for behaving so well at the restaurant. That beats taking home a doggy bag :)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Nice!

Hope you enjoyed your food! The first time we did that, I was so nervous that I barely ate...

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
We love going to dog friendly restaurants. We always try to chose a spot that gives our dogs some shelter from over friendly strangers, but most people respect our GSDs and always ask before approaching.

Wait staff can be fun, some try to keep their distance and stretch as far as possible to reach us. Others treat the dogs like they are a big rock, nothing to be concerned about if you don't step on them. Those are the good ones :)

May you have many a good meal before it gets too chilly for outdoor eating.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was very nervous too, but this really helped my confidence. It's already turned cold where we are, so probably no more restaurants until Spring. BUT, I did take her to the outdoor patio of a coffee shop, that was okay in this weather since you don't stay as long. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts