German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to our first dock diving event last weekend. Frank had only ever waded into shallow water, so I wasn't sure he would be very into it, but I was surprised! 13 feet from a standstill off the dock. I was pretty amazed that I found yet something else this dog is good at. PSA, detection, social butterfly and now dock diver!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
Great picture!My boy likes to wade too but not swim.Maybe we'll try dock diving and see if he surprises me:)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jenny, in VA? Also, my cattle dog loves swimming and jumping into the river, but she wanted no part of jumping off that dock or even wading off the ramp. LOL

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
In NY they are having some kind of Demo really close to where we live. Max never jumped off a dock so the plan is if we get to practice first on a dock near a local beach and see how he does and if he likes it we will go and check out dock diving. He does not like -hates- floating docks it is the only thing he will shy away from. So we will see. Great photo by the way -very cool dog!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Very cool pic. They do dock diving at the Southeast Wildlife Expo, Ruger was too young the first time we went there. He likes to wade but hasn't really swam, wondering if he'd jump off a dock or not. Need to bring him to the lake sometime, since most of the docks I've been around are on creeks/rivers that have stronger tide currents.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it helps, these official docks have a ramp over on the side coming out of the water. That's how the dogs get back up. New dogs are introduced to that ramp and judging by the way that goes, you can choose to then try the dock or not.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frank got First Place at his second competition and Second Place at his third event (which was in one of those set up pools instead of a lake or pond. He has his first dock diving title now. Never expected we would be dock diving. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is awesome. I'd love to see my girl do something like this; I bet she would enjoy it. Gonna have to look into that once winter is gone.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Cool! My boy loves it too. I got involved with too many different sports with him and couldn't make time to get to a dock diving competition last summer, but we hope to next year.

Mine was the same, went up there and thought about it for a few minutes then jumped about 14 feet.

MAN does he love it, he can't get up there fast enough to try and jump.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Frank got First Place at his second competition and Second Place at his third event (which was in one of those set up pools instead of a lake or pond. He has his first dock diving title now. Never expected we would be dock diving.
Congratulations!!!! Great photos! Yes this dock diving looks like so much fun Max loves the water and seems to have no trouble throwing himself into anything I think he will love this even if it is just something to do for fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts