German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a warm day after some random cold fronts and lots of rain. Sooo...Rainer got a bath! Wheeee

Not a happy camper AT ALL...

His favorite part is getting rubbed down. He runs into the towel :p

All clean; getting ready to have some fun! (The only way I can get him to tolerate getting a bath, lol)

Waaahooooo!

Hope you all enjoyed. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Adorbs! Thanks for sharing!

My GSD is not a fan of being wet but so loves to snuggle in a towel to dry off. It's so sweet. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When he was younger it was an all out war to try to give him a bath. He's a lot better now because he knows he will get to play afterwards. He still absolutely hates baths....althooooough... he will GLADLY jump into the dirtiest, filthiest puddle of water, canal...anything that isn't CLEAN water! :wild: haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
You're lucky, we adopted our GSD when she was 2 and tried to give her a bath the first weekend we had her (she was a rescue and smelled terrible!). We didn't know yet of her aversion to water and gave up pretty quickly so not to traumatize her after having gone through so many recent changes in her life. Now she goes exclusively to a groomer for her baths and is wonderful with them. She doesn't need more than a handful of baths every year so it's worth the expense.

Our puppymutt, on the other hand, is more like yours - unfazed by water/mud/puddles but hates a bath. I can bathe him myself (he's 50 pounds and much easier to wrangle in a tub than our GSD!) and for his first few months he'd howl miserably in my face during the entire duration of bath time. While annoying, it was absolutely hysterical. He no longer howls but hops out of the tub at every opportunity. He loves the towel-off followed by in-house zoomies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts