German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was Minnie's first official day of training with our local SAR group, and she did really great. I, however, did not. I slipped on some wet pavement about 10 minutes into the training and put a gash in my knee. At first I thought I just scraped it, because it really didn't hurt, but then I looked down at it and I was surprised to see a icky, deep, wound. So, we had to go to the ER, and I now have 5 stiches in my knee. How fun!

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of SAR.

I hope your knee heals quickly.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Tanya

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh no...are you going to become known as "the team member who falls?"

Get well soon!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty klutzy to begin with, but this is the first time it earned me stitches. I'm working with SAR Quest out of Houston, great bunch of people who were thrilled that I brought them the dressing from the hospital, and my blood jeans, to use as human remains. LOL, no one else would appreciate them!

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Originally Posted By: MinnieskiLOL, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty klutzy to begin with, but this is the first time it earned me stitches. I'm working with SAR Quest out of Houston, great bunch of people who were thrilled that I brought them the dressing from the hospital, and my blood jeans, to use as human remains. LOL, no one else would appreciate them!
If you are that klutzy and have already learned the fundamentals of HRD supplies.... of course your team is gonna love you.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Oh dear. I hope you heal up quickly.
May I suggest bubble wrap?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Dang, I was going to ask for your jeans!! Just kidding. 1st day, 5 stiches, wow, you would so earn the nickname "bump". Heal quickly and don't let it turn you off from SAR.

Oh and don't feel bad, I got the nickname "Turtle" after being slung back by a vine during my SARtech II exam catching on my heavy pack and laying on my back winded like a struggling turtle. Infront of all my other unit and other guest units taking their land nav part of the test. 5 years plus later I still carry the nick name frequently.

Take care,

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally Posted By: k9sarneko
Oh and don't feel bad, I got the nickname "Turtle" after being slung back by a vine during my SARtech II exam catching on my heavy pack and laying on my back winded like a struggling turtle. Infront of all my other unit and other guest units taking their land nav part of the test. 5 years plus later I still carry the nick name frequently.

Take care,

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Ah well, least it was only stiches. ........ .

Warning - be careful around tracking lines. I have a nice metal plate in my ankle due to one and a permenantly injured shoulder due to another bad fall. Then there are the inner thigh cramps. THis is the only thing I have ever done that has caused serious leg cramps in the upper inner thigh.

But KUDOS to you for keeping your bloody stuff for the team!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts