German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a schutzhund club out here and I contacted them. They told me I could come with my pup and observe one of their trainings. So when I went today, I expected to 'observe' for an hour or something and then go home. Boy was I wrong.

They slapped a harness on Huter, showed me what to do and put us to work. 5 hours later (with lots of breaks of course) we were both exhausted, came home and crashed the heck out!

Everyone was super nice, informative and everyone was having an awesome time. It was really fun getting to watch the older, more advanced dogs train. Figured out really fast that watching the older dog is what motivates Huter. He wanted very little to do with the puppy flirt and was all about the sleeves and the older dogs got him all excited. So the trainer kept having me bring Huter around when he worked the more advanced dogs to get Huter's drive up...then we'd bring out the puppy sleeve. Worked great.

Their prices are within my budget so we're going to start right away :) We go back next Sunday!

They have a photographer who liked Huter and I. He kept telling my husband to "get out of ze pikture." So I should have some photos to share :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I knew the training wasnt just an hour thing...but I thought I was just 'observing' for a bit. That is what I was told. But nope! lol We had fun, and yes I can see how it would be addicting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts