German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I boarded Rocky Friday 9am-Sunday 4 pm and I was the most worried parent ever!

However, when I picked him up I was SO excited because he was impeccably groomed, his nails were clipped perfectly, and he was playing with a 110 pound german shepherd male(under supervision) with NO problem. That NEVER happens with him.

We talked to the lady who ran the place, and after we paid and it was time to leave, we started to walk away...

She said "bye Rocky" and he RAN to her (pulling the leash out of my hand) and rubbed his face on her and she scratched ALL OVER his head and his tail was wagging furiously.

He has NEVER let anyone except me, my boyfriend, and my best friend touch his head.

Obviously this woman is AWESOME and I am going to board with her always, despite the 30 minute travel time.

It is nice to have some POSITIVE experiences to talk about! I have been stuck in a negative rut the past few weeks (school and family have been hard) and I apologize for letting that run off into my posts.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also liked that I filled out a form prior to boarding "all about rocky"...what kinds of dogs he does/doesnt get along with, what are his likes /dislikes, fears, etc.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
That's great! I don't board mine, but if I had to in a pinch my trainer offers boarding and there are a few other places that come with high recommendations around here. It's good that his (and your) first experience was good.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Its great to find a good boarding facility. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the place mine stay at. Good thing I don't leave them often.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is called "Laras Canine Solutions". Actually, a member on this board recommended me to her in November in a private message (that I didn't know how to look at until a week ago!)

Lara's Canine Solutions

I am thinking about doing some training with her over the summer.

Some of their GSDs are imported from germany and are HUGE! They also have RESCUES which warms my heart:)

The most intimidating GSD I have EVER seen was there....His eyes were light brown, almost goldish/reddish, and he had a black/red coloring but his face was mostly black. I kneeled down and held my hand out to him and he sniffed me, then walked over and I pet his head. When I stood up, he CRIED for me to keep petting him and snuggled me. I wanted to take him home SO bad...but with Rocky in training and my current financial state, there is no way I could have both. He was up for adoption, I think they had saved him from a shelter and were training him there so he was more adoptable.

Anyways, I really liked the owners, and they encouraged me to call as much as I wanted over the weekend since i was nervous...and I definitely did!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow, that place looks incredible. I wish there was something like that in this area. I drive almost an hour too to board my dog, and it's still a "lesser of many evils" type of thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats awesome, I love to hear good boardin stories. We'll be going on vacation in June and for the first time his breeder won't be able to watch him so he has to be boarded. I'm totally paranoid but I'm glad your experience was positve.
I never knew how intense the process was for boarding, each place we checked has a smilar form to what you metioned "all about dog" and one even requires a tempermant test that is anywhere from 1-4 hours then each room has a webcam so you can check on your puppy while your away. its crazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts