German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow or another Emma has really bumped her head and it has a knot and bleeding, I cleaned the wound, and she doesn't act as though it hurts, but what can I put on the cut to keep it from getting infected? Is Neosporin(sp) ok to use? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't know Neosporine, but small and superficial wounds I normally clean just with water, or chamomille tea. Clean it 2 times per day.

If it starts looking weird, starts smelling or looks runny or if I detect pus in the area, I would take her to the vet. As long as the wound looks healthy (nice pink-ish edges, no dirt) and the dog acts normal and healthy (no fever, loss of appetite etc), I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
take your dog to the Vet and have the knot checked out. you may think it's ok but why take a chance? she took quite a hit to cause a lump. any kind of lump and to the Vet we go. within 45 minutes i can be at 3 different 24 hour hosptials. after the Vet visit she'll feel better and so will you knowing she's ok.

·
Registered
932 Posts
we use neosporine on our dogs when needed which isn't often and then bandage it up, our vet said we can use that

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, it's just amazing how she doesn't act like it bothers her, the knot is gone, and the cut is clean, she has no fever and is eating and drinking normally, and playing like always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts