German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiona woke up today and decided raw was not for her. I gave her chicken this morning. No go. I let it come to room temperature, no go. I cook it and debone it. Yummy. For dinner, I tried to give her raw swordfish and catfish. Turned her nose up. So now I am cooking it. Is my dog spoiled? Should I just wait for her to eat raw?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
When I switched from kibble to raw it took my boy sometime to get use to it. He would sniff it, lick it, try to bury it, lick it some more, start chewing, spit it out:crazy: I expected him to chow down like he did his kibble. But he eats his raw meals slow...almost like he's enjoying every bite. Maybe she needs more time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Switching one of my dogs from kibble to raw was similar to Fiona. He wasn't a big kibble fiend, I think he just felt overall bad and his food drive was down. First day he took it in his mouth and set it down and looked at me like... Are you for real? Then he went and laid down. I picked it back up and waited 4 hours or so. He got it then. Now all my dogs come running to be fed with tails wagging and bouncy feet.

Don't cave in to her demands. A dog can go days without food. A healthy dog won't starve herself either.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now she wants to be hand fed. She did not eat her fish raw or cooked last night or this morning. I thought I would sweeten it up with some ground beef, which she loves. Still no go. So I am thinking about heading to the vet. Before I do, I pick up some of the fish and beef and see if she will eat. Why yes she does. Stinking spoiled rotten dog.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If she had hopes of "getting something better" she probably waited it out. They learn quick if you change a meal even once after setting it down for a short time to hope that the next meal is better. Stinker is right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts