German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I'm pretty excited!:wild:
We received a call from Germany today.....out friend found a very, very nice young male for us! She was contacted by the breeder of the dog, and was invited to come "see and test" the dog for herself.
She went (before even telling us anything about him)....she took the dog to "her" club to test him...*away from all things familiar & comfortable*.....she was very pleased with his temperament, and character! She took him home for a couple of days to "observe" his behaviour around noises, stresses and places.....she was happy with his response. He is only 19mos old....so he will stay with her for training.
He is a "green" dog....no formal training, however his introduction to bite-work had already begun...and she "checked" his drive and ability for that as well......2 thumbs up!!!!
*maybe this is premature of me.......but I am very excited!*:happyboogie:
I will keep two fingers crossed and both sets of toes!

I would post a picture of him...but I'm an idiot with the computer....and it's not a great pic...he is just laying there!
YES....he is from SLs.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Congratulations Robin I can't imagine how excited you must be!

We would love pictures when you can post them!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I sure hope he works out for you.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure hope so too!
He is a son from Tyson vom Kottersbusch.
I like Tyson, and considered breeding to him last year....but didn't have a female ready in time.
INFORMATION GIVEN... he is very stable, sound and has very balanced drives.....we will see....

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
That is awesome -- still working on that Koer, did not forget. Need to find a scanner.

Looking forward to seeing picks of the young dog. It is awesome that you have someone you trust over there. My friend who helped me to import Odessa comes from over there and has worked her people over there forever.

congratulations on the new addition.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Congrats!

Gorgeous boy!!!

I possibly have a 'green dog' coming to me as well (1/2 Czech with WG/DDR) this weekend.. maybe..

I totally understand about trying not to get too excited.. it's just SO HARD!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Congratulations he is gorgeous!! Do you have a website yet? Or FB page.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CONGRATS Eliz!....see...you know how hard it is!!
We did purchase him....so he is ours. I just am excited to know that he WILL come here in few months...if all things go well.
I just don't want to jinx anything...

p.s Heidi...our friend is still working on it.....I KNOW! I KNOW!....i'm gonna have to light a match under her skinny lil butt!!! No FB.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
congrats How exciting !!!!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Very handsome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts