German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Best wishes for her recovery!

Reactions: wolfy dog

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Sending good thoughts.

·
Registered
Cleo & Scar
104 Posts
Wishing the best for Deja and you, Wolfy. I am sending good thoughts your way and will be praying she recovers and gets better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's tough to wait until tomorrow so I am wondering if you guys know of a condition with these simpsons that is NOT lymphoma?
Interestingly enough, my lab had the exact same symptoms and we feared the worst, but after a lot of testing, it turned out he had a pretty bad case of Lyme disease.

I really hope that everything turns out ok for Deja.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Having gone through a similar wait for our yellow lab 9 years ago I can imagine what you are going through. Stay strong and praying for the best.
What happened to your Lab 🙁?
I am waiting for the doc to call me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dawson got diagnosed with lymphoma. We started prednisone after which he felt like he got better but not really. Unfortunately within a month we had to make a very tough call. It was really hard on us as he was only about 7 yrs at that time. Took us 8 yrs to recover mentally and last year we finally got Trinity home. I am hoping for a much better diagnosis for Deja, something not so serious and curable.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I’m really sorry to hear this. Sending Deja and you good thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dawson got diagnosed with lymphoma. We started prednisone after which he felt like he got better but not really. Unfortunately within a month we had to make a very tough call. It was really hard on us as he was only about 7 yrs at that time. Took us 8 yrs to recover mentally and last year we finally got Trinity home. I am hoping for a much better diagnosis for Deja, something not so serious and curable.
OMG, that was awful. So sorry about that. I am glad you got a new dog to love. I am still waiting for the vet to call. It's difficult to look at her and not know what to expect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Goodness I don’t think I could wait this long, my anxiety would be through the roof! Just a stranger as well but still wishing this girl the best. I get emotional just reading about people’s dogs here wether I know them or not

·
Registered
257 Posts
He couldn't even walk into the vet office by himself and we were really afraid and prepared for the worst, but once they finally figured out what was causing his symptoms, he was put on antibiotics, got some IV fluids and a day later he was walking again. The vet was surprised that the Lyme test came back positive, even he had suspected a worse diagnosis. The waiting is the hardest, and I hope that you get good news. We're all rooting for Deja.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Wow, you lucked out. I will keep Lyme in mind when the results are inconclusive. There are not really Lyme issues in this area but still....Haven't heard yet.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts