German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,151 Posts
I swear we have the same dog! I wrap Shadows legs in vet wrap to stop the gnawing if it gets out of hand. I have small squares of an old cotton cloth cut to fit under it, because I feel like the wrap alone is uncomfortable.
I have found that much like people massage helps, or just rubbing his legs. Also, if he will let you, I would try a heating pad for a few minutes.
Maybe try and take him out alone, so he isn't competing with the other two, but I am pretty convinced that inactivity is bad and most things I have read about arthritis say exercise is good.
I have it everywhere, I was not a gentle child, and I know with my hands especially I get sore if I don't flex those fingers frequently. I use a ball most of the winter almost continuously.

· Registered
10,151 Posts
I think I am going to heat one of those bags of grain or whatever is in them and try that on his wrist. He has trouble going down stairs now with his wrist and prefers walking up them though if he goes too fast he stumbles occasionally on the stairs.
I loved my magic bag! Lost it somewhere in my travels. Get me one to will you. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts