German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys mind sharing where you get your source? I have some teeth and someone else has placenta. But I'd like to get some muscle, tissue, skin pieces. I'm just getting started with HRD and any help would be appreciated. Right now we're concentrating on airscent but once he's certified in that I'd like to work on the HRD.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Do you have a team? And if so, do they work well (closely) with LE? Often the source is logged and given codes (assigned) as having, uh, parts in a freezer can be well, bad, lol.. But I'm sure each county/state/country is different.. Can give better ideas once more details are known

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do work as part of a team, but HRD is new to us. I do know it has to be marked appropriately as Biohazard and would be kept in a separate freezer. The team leader and originator is LE.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Some things

(1) Make sure you find out the state laws (if any) pertaining to possession of human remains
(2) Make sure everyone is trained in blood borne pathogens and hazmat
(3) Make sure you get a crime scene preservation course (must be taught by LE) and all the required NIMS training.

If you can cultivate relationships with midwives, and dentists that is good-and ask people you know who are having surgery (knee/hip replacements, breast reductions etc.) . Basically any human material typically has to be given to you with the informed consent of its "original owner" - I know some who get amputations but I have never had the savvy to ask someone for their foot or leg....and then you need to maintain a chain of custody for it throughout its useful life.

Bones can be purchased through the bone room and skulls unlimited. They are old bones but they work and are legal. Be prepared to break the bank though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts