German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to find a good working line GSD breeder to buy a puppy as a family pet, hopefully the breeder is in Florida or can ship puppies to South Florida.
I have already done research on the breeders nearby and find mostly BYBs or show line breeders.
West/East German or Czech are all fine as long as it’s more on the working line side. My main focus is on health and trainability.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
A breeding just took place in GA that would produce some very nice pups. The co-owner is military and is stationed there now, although she was in NY a few years back. Kennel owner is in NY. Von Den Sturmfalken

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in south FL. After my first GSD passed (working line) I started looking for breeders down here thinking I could find another WL. Like someone else said, good luck. For me, I actually ended up with a show line from a breeder close to me and he is everything I needed/wanted. I would look for breeders out of state and have a pup shipped of you really want a WL. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're willing to wait there's a fantastic breeder of working line gsd's here in Ireland that has previously transported pups to America. His current litter is all sold as far as I'm aware so you'd have to possibly wait a year or so. The kennels name is Kalee Lodge in tullamore Ireland

(edit)
I know of this breeder because I'm in the process of taking home a pup from their current litter when he reaches 8 weeks old

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi, I want to find a good working line GSD breeder to buy a puppy as a family pet, hopefully the breeder is in Florida or can ship puppies to South Florida.
I have already done research on the breeders nearby and find mostly BYBs or show line breeders.
West/East German or Czech are all fine as long as it’s more on the working line side. My main focus is on health and trainability.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

I am in the same boat here. I know of Van Calvo in Miami, seems to have good dogs that he imports and breeds. Both working and show. Has anyone ever bought from them?

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
I know of none. I imported from Germany.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm in south FL. After my first GSD passed (working line) I started looking for breeders down here thinking I could find another WL. Like someone else said, good luck. For me, I actually ended up with a show line from a breeder close to me and he is everything I needed/wanted. I would look for breeders out of state and have a pup shipped of you really want a WL. Good luck!
Which breeder did you use please?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which breeder did you use please?
Sorry for the delay in my response. I found Red Star Kennel in Indiantown (northwest of Jupiter). I can pm you his phone number tomorrow if you want. He's not a large kennel. I found him by chance and I'm really happy I did. My boy I got from there is a perfect fit for my family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts