German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Delgado a large plastic kiddie pool, he loves splashing around in it (it hasn't been hot enough for him to lie down and soak yet) and he loves to hunt for things so I've been using pieces of food (small hunks of Rollover and other treats) to allow him to search from them under the water. He loves this game

However, rather then just using food I'd love to figure out some toys or something to use as well. I've tried using his cuz and other rubber toys but they just float so he just jumps in and brings it back to me.

I know some people have talked about using live minnows and small bait fish but I'm really not comfortable with that so I'll stick to treats and hopefully toys rather then live things

Has anyone had success finding sinking toys that are fun and safe? I'd ideally like to find something where I can alternate throwing treats and toys and allowing him to hunt for everything

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kongs sink, unless you buy the special orange floating kong.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Those human dive sticks/rings that you can get from the dollar store are awesome. They are shockingly well made and unless they are gnawing on them, they should be fine. My Mum was one for wrapping them in a layer of duct tape or electrical tape just in case an over excited action led to a snapped toy, but we lost those toys due to being misplaced...I can't remember any breaking.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those human dive sticks/rings that you can get from the dollar store are awesome. They are shockingly well made and unless they are gnawing on them, they should be fine. My Mum was one for wrapping them in a layer of duct tape or electrical tape just in case an over excited action led to a snapped toy, but we lost those toys due to being misplaced...I can't remember any breaking.
Oh duh! I can't believe I didn't think of that :eek:

I do have Kongs so I'll try that as well! It's good to have variety :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts