German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very short clip of Rollo playing one of his favorite games which is "find it!" using his food!6 - Rollo is a super fun guy to work with @ around 5/6 months but being 60 lbs + he is "hardish" for me to pick up and carry around which is definitely sad but just part of the process! We play this a lot and any many different locations, thankfully my dad's home office is super messy which makes for great hiding spots lol. Just fun to show a short clip, normally I have longer and harder searches but throwing these in throughout the day can help!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The messier the better! Looks like he is proficient with his nose so expect his need for ever increasing challenges will challenge your own hiding creativity. It is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
You do understand that if you keep working with your puppy in this fashion ...well, you'll be scorned by all other dog owners whose dogs don't even come when called, much less find stuff LOL!

That being said, it is a pleasure to see someone like yourself who not only enjoys his puppy, and actually continually presses the envelope to build skill, confidence, and fun. You guys make a great team, and truthfully doing this stuff now and having soo much fun with your puppy in the process is going to pay off wildly in the years to come!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The messier the better! Looks like he is proficient with his nose so expect his need for ever increasing challenges will challenge your own hiding creativity. It is a lot of fun.
I used a little bit of raw chicken leg quarters for the first time; he was definitely much more into it then his usual lazer focus when using the kibble haha

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do understand that if you keep working with your puppy in this fashion ...well, you'll be scorned by all other dog owners whose dogs don't even come when called, much less find stuff LOL!

That being said, it is a pleasure to see someone like yourself who not only enjoys his puppy, and actually continually presses the envelope to build skill, confidence, and fun. You guys make a great team, and truthfully doing this stuff now and having soo much fun with your puppy in the process is going to pay off wildly in the years to come!
Thank you for the kind words Tim! It means a lot & makes me happy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts